Privacy Statement by BIOLAB Innovation GmbH ("BIOLAB")
The privacy and protection of your personal data is a very important concern for BIOLAB. We would like to inform you which of your personal details are collected and used when visiting our website (https://www.biolab.one) or contacting us for enquiries, the rights you have, as well as which configuration options this offers you. We process your data in compliance with applicable privacy laws, in particular the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the German Federal Data Protection Act (Bundesdatenschutzgesetz, BDSG).
This Privacy Statement provides you with a summary of the main tasks for which we process your data. You will also find additional Privacy Statements on other products and services under other sections or individual products.
Data controller and point of contact for data processing
The data controller in accordance with Article 4 para. 7 GDPR is:
BIOLAB Innovation GmbH
Auguststraße 5a, 10117 Berlin, Germany
If you have general questions about data privacy at BIOLAB, you can contact our Data Protection Officer. The Data Protection Officer can be reached at email@example.com or via our mailing address with the addition "der Datenschutzbeauftragte" (English: "Data Protection Officer").
You can exercise the following rights at any time:
- To request information about categories of your processed data, purposes of the processing, possible recipients and envisaged period for which the personal data will be stored (Article 15 GDPR)
- To withdraw consent given at any time and with effect for the future (Article 7 para. 3 GDPR)
- To object to data processing which is performed based on a legitimate interest, on grounds relating to your particular situation (Article 21 GDPR)
- To request the rectification or completion of inaccurate or incomplete data (Article 16 GDPR)
- To request the erasure of data in certain cases – particularly in the case in which data are no longer needed for the intended purpose or are unlawfully processed, or you withdraw your consent in accordance with Article 7 para. 3 GDPR or have objected to data processing in accordance with Article 21 GDPR (Article 17 GDPR)
- To request the restriction of data processing under certain conditions, provided deletion is not possible or the deletion obligation is disputable (Article 18 GDPR)
- To receive the data you provided to us in a conventional machine-readable format and, if you wish, to request that such data be transmitted to third parties/controllers (right to data portability in accordance with Article 20 GDPR)
In addition, you have the right to file a complaint with the data protection supervisory authorities in accordance with Article 77 of the GDPR. The supervisory authority responsible for us is:
Berliner Beauftragte für Datenschutz und Informationsfreiheit
Friedrichstraße 219, 10969 Berlin, Germany
Phone: +49 (0)30 13889-0
Fax: +49 (0)30 2155050
1. Data processing during use of the BIOLAB website
a. Browser data
If you visit the BIOLAB websites, we collect the data transmitted from your browser to our server. Depending on the browser used and its settings, these are usually the following data:
- IP address
- Date and time of the inquiry
- Information about the time zone your browser uses
- Address of the requested page (URL)
- The respectively transmitted amount of data
- Operating system
- Name, language and version of the browser software
- Manufacturer and type of the device on which the browser is used
We generally use these data only where this is required to provide a functioning website and to show our contents and services.
We use these data for the following purposes:
- Enable access to and visit of the BIOLAB website
- Detect, eliminate, and prevent errors, malfunctions, and possible misuse
The legal basis for the processing of these data is our legitimate interest in accordance with Article 6 para. 1(f) GDPR.
No data will be passed on to third parties.
Data will be deleted once they are no longer needed for the above-mentioned purposes within the scope of the legal basis upon which they were retained, normally when the browser session is exited but at the latest within one month.
2. Data processing during inquiries
If you contact us, e.g., via e-mail, phone, or contact form on the BIOLAB website, we will use the data you shared with us to process your inquiry.
Your data are processed on various legal bases depending on the content of your inquiry:
- contractual queries: Article 6 para. 1(b) GDPR
- legal obligations: Article 6 para. 1(c) or Article 9 para. 2(i) GDPR
- legitimate interest: Article 6 para. 1(f) GDPR
- where consent has been granted: Article 6 para. 1(a) or Article 9 para. 2(a) GDPR
The data may be disclosed for the purpose of processing the inquiry to BIOLAB affiliated companies.
After your data are transmitted they shall be deleted immediately once they are no longer required for the purposes set out above and within 3 years, provided that there are no other legal obligations to retain data.
3. Other data processing
Where we process data for purposes other than those listed in this Privacy Statement, you will find more specific Privacy Statements under the relevant sections or for individual products.
Place of data processing
Your data will in general be processed in Germany. If, by way of exception, your data are processed outside of the European Union (so-called third countries), this will happen provided you have given your express consent for this or this is necessary for us to provide services to you or this is provided for by law (Article 49 GDPR). Moreover, your data are processed in third countries only to the extent that it is ensured through certain measures that an appropriate level of data protection exists for this (Article 44 et seq. GDPR).
Encryption of the data transmission
To ensure the confidentiality of your data also during transmission, we use state-of-the-art encryption methods, such as HTTPS/TLS.
Last update: November 18, 2020